The Board of Directors of the Christian Academy of Guatemala (C.A.G.) in Ciudad San Cristóbal, Guatemala,
is accepting applications for the position of
Provide Christian educational leadership that is consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including professional development, instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a Biblically integrated high quality education.
- Keep clear, timely and frequent communication with faculty, students and community members using the pertinent communication methods to ensure that people are thoroughly informed about school events, plans, schedules and specifics pertaining to academics.
- Cast, develop, and monitor, in conjunction with the Director, strategic planning to ensure the school's future success.
- Prepare and monitor the academic budget to ensure that all instructional activities are funded.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategic and operative plans towards keeping accreditations for the school active.
- Enforce the school’s policies, to assure a school environment that is focused on group spiritual and academic achievement rather than on individuals.
- Prepare regular reporting to the Director concerning academic goals and achievements.
- Establish along with the Director, the admission process to ensure that new families meet the school’s academic and non-academic requirements.
- Actively and strategically participate in the recruitment efforts of instructional personnel to ensure that qualified staff is being selected and staffing needs are met in a timely manner.
- Prepare and implement plans that ensure that new instructional personnel is appropriately oriented, this includes but is not limited to conducting in-service sessions and appointing mentors.
- Develop, lead and monitor professional development plans with strong supportive mechanisms that facilitate teacher’s career advance, in compliance with accreditation standards and higher levels of education.
- Conduct timely performance assessments to faculty members that allow the teacher and the administration to take the necessary actions allowing each member the ability to reach individual and collective goals.
- Communicate with the Administration regularly about the academic and Faculty needs to gain timely and appropriate support.
- Establish the annual academic calendar to ensure that students achieve success academically and spiritually.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the staff and their use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials in order to enhance the learning environment.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Establish and oversee fair, consistent and effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards to ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records ensuring that student records are complete and current.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Organize and supervise procedures for identifying and addressing special needs of students including health-related concerns, physical, emotional and spiritual needs, keeping the relevant staff informed of each.
- Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally and spiritually.
- Oversee curriculum development and revision with Director approval.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Education from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a valid certification as an Educator and/or Administrator.
- A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience or five years related administrative experience which includes strong evidence in staff supervision and professional development.
- Native English speaker ideally with a working knowledge of Spanish (not a must).
- Good understanding of child, youth and human development characteristics and needs.
- Proven experience working effectively with culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding curriculum development and review.
- Sound computer skills in administrative software, Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Sound organizational skills and practices.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Mature Christian faith, personal integrity and spiritual leadership.
- Active involvement in a Christian church that is in alignment with the school´s Statement of Faith.
- A servant leader fully committed to Christian education.
- Strong leadership that effectively influences a multidisciplinary, multicultural and
- Personable with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a balance of tact, diplomacy, and social awareness.
- Ability to build relationships and networks while being a conflict manager and problem solver.
- Awareness of cross-cultural differences and their impact on the school environment.
- Exhibits initiative and self-motivation.
- Strategic thinker and decision maker.
- Stress tolerant, able to maintain stable performance under pressure.